Search This Blog

About me

I have just recently begun painting with watercolors and have decided to share my exciting exploratory journey with you.
To contact me about my paintings please email me at chandniv at gmail dot com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Elephant-headed God - Watercolor

This is my painting of an elephant-headed Hindu god, Ganesha. The idea behind this setup was that I wanted only one source of light, and long shadows in my composition. I also wanted to try depicting something metallic and painting fire or light. Since I was just beginning with watercolor paints and Ganesha is believed to be the remover of obstacles, I thought this composition would be perfect. I really liked the way this turned out :)
Size: 9in by 12in
Medium: Watercolor on watercolor paper

No comments:

Post a Comment