Search This Blog

About me

I have just recently begun painting with watercolors and have decided to share my exciting exploratory journey with you.
To contact me about my paintings please email me at chandniv at gmail dot com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Morning Bliss - Oil Painting

This is my first attempt at oil painting. I cherish my morning coffee. Almost always, as I look down at the few sips of coffee left in my cup, I start thinking about the upcoming day and the challenges I know it will bring me. I ponder over the fact that all good things must come to an end, and sip the coffee slowly, just to prolong the blissful time before the start of my day. But eventually I realize that the coffee is cold, and good things don’t always stay that way. I realize that the only way to return to this blissful state is to live the upcoming day to its fullest, wake up the next morning, and brew a new cup of coffee. In this painting I capture, in an abstract way, these contemplations and thoughts that motivate me for the day.The liquid in the cup should have been a little darker. Maybe I'll go back to it someday.

Artist: Chandni Valiathan
Size: 18in by 24in
Medium: Oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment